August 3rd - Update
Due to a potential bug in the previous version of Yammm that could cause excessive traffic against themoviedb we've disabled the old API key. Please download the current version with a fix for the issue. The next version of Yammm will be going into a private beta and v2 is going into a private beta and if all goes well public the end of the month.
While in there I've added 2 features from Yammm v2 in addition to the fix.
Added improved logic for matching against remakes if the Year is specified in the folder name
Added several "directives" for telling Yammm what the proper movie is if it doesn't fnd it:
- Append a tag w/ the imdb, i.e.: Whatever [imdb=tt0892769]
- Append a tag w/ the tmdb, i.e.: Whatever [tmdb=13550]
- Rename the folder name to the imdb, i.e.: tt0892769
Do you Yammm?
Yammm started out as a quick project that I honestly thought no one would really be interested in other than myself as there are quite a few good applications out there already.
The problem was that none of the apps that I tried (quite a few) really suited my needs so Yammm was born. I've been a little slow with releases
lately as my life has been very busy, good and bad, but I will continue to improve Yammm and try to accomdate as many user requests as possible. If possible please leave feedback
and\or feature requests via e-mail to mocnull.ohnikimnull@mmmay or over at
Yammm runs as a Windows Service and will download meta data, artwork, rename folders, rename files and\or create playlists. Metadata can be any combination of dvdid.xml, mymovies.xml and\or XBMC nfo file. All meta information and artwork is provided via either themoviedb.org or thetvdb.com. If you haven't checked them out please do so and contribute where possible.
The primary reason for creating Yammm was meta manager that runs "headless" without ANY user interaction and used folder.jpg instead of custom artwork locations. This is important to me as I use various HTPC software depending on the situation and development. I also found that most did not match well. Yammm uses various checks other than the provider's score value.
- Requires .NET Fx 3.5 SP1
- Rename and image overwrite is disabled by default.
- Mapped drives must be added using their UNC Path
- Requires admin rights to the movie folders and admin rights to run Yammm Config.
- Currently only detects movies (TV series is in testing
- Currently only supports a single rename format: "Title (Year) [Tags]
- Run the Yammm Config application to Add\Remove Watched Folders
- Meta XML files will not be overwritten, I will update soon with an option to update missing information for existing meta files (i.e. dvdid.xml, mymovies.xml, ...
- I purposely did not include a way to manually edit the meta data (Note: This is changing in v1.2). Please help the community and contribute to The Movie DB.